Department Of Health
The guidance is for directors of public health, care providers and others who will be involved in planning to enable visits to care homes. It sets out:
- the role of providers and Directors of Public Health (DPH) in providing a dynamic risk assessment
- advice for providers when establishing their visiting policy
- advice for providers when taking visiting decisions for particular residents or groups of residents
- infection control precautions in the wider care home environment
- communicating with families and visitors
Last updated 5 November 2020 +show all updates
The guidance has been updated to reflect visiting arrangements in care homes while national restrictions are in place.
Updated guidance with reference to local COVID alert levels and measures set out in the adult social care winter plan.
Added a note to say that the guidance will be updated following publication of the adult social care winter plan.
Updated to say that no one should be allowed to enter a care home if they are currently experiencing or first experienced coronavirus symptoms in the last 10 days. Also updated to say visitors should be encouraged to walk or cycle to the care home if they can.